Tennessee requires all authorized charter school boards to complete annual board training by June 30th each year. Tennessee Code §49-13-111 requires TCSC to certify that this training has or has not occurred according to the following guidelines:
- The training took place by June 30th each year.
- The majority of board members were in attendance (>80%).
- Relevant content was delivered by a knowledgeable facilitator with expertise in school/nonprofit governance.
The Center provides boards the opportunity to fulfill this requirement when 80% of a school’s board members attend one of these trainings. To register your board, click here.
Upcoming In-person Trainings
Nashville – April 27, 2015, 5:30-7:30; 209 10th Ave. South, 4th Flr. Conference Room
Memphis – April 28, 2015, 5:30-7:30; Doubletree Hotel, 5069 Sanderlin Avenue.
Fee $500 per Board
A hands-on, action packed workshop with national charter school governance expert Marci Cornell-Feist, BoardOnTrack CEO & Founder. She will share lessons learned by working with over 500 charter school boards nationwide. Light on theory and heavy on action, Marci will make sure that your board ends this year on a strong note.
At the workshop we will cover:
- The Board – CEO Partnership – Key tips and concrete tools you can use now.
- Effective End-of-Year CEO Evaluation Process – Design and implement effective tools, process, and timeline to engage your CEO, board, staff, and parents.
- Annual Board Assessment – Implement a board assessment process that evaluates both the full board and individual trustee performance.
Define you partnership, evaluate the Board and CEO, and you will be well on your way to finishing the school year strong!
Free Online Learning Opportunities
In this webinar, you will learn how to create and implement an end-of-year board assessment process that is effective, efficient, and provides tangible data to improve your board’s performance overtime.
This action-packed webinar will cover:
- Top 10 mistakes boards make when evaluating themselves
- Lessons learned from coaching over 500 charter school boards through the process
- How to structure an effective information gathering process to conduct the assessment rather than a frustrating, last-minute scramble
- Who should be involved in the assessment process, including the full board, individual trustees, and your organization’s leader
We promise, you’ll leave the session with concrete tools you can use right away to launch or enhance your current board assessment process.
we’re looking forward to sharing the insights and experiences from our 17-year career consulting with charter schools across the country.
Custom Training & Retreat Facilitation
TCSC staff and consultants are available to develop and facilitate custom training to meet the specific and unique needs of your organizations. If you are interested in learning more about these services, please contact Rebecca Lieberman at email@example.com.